share this (no ads)

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Technique Tuesday ~ Stamping with an Embossing Folder

Did you know that you could stamp with an embossing folder?  
Wait what?! Stamp you say?!
YES!

There are lots of different tutorials out there and many different ways to explain it.  The way I made my card was super easy!
Take an embossing folder:
(like this one!)
Decorative Dots Embossing Folder

Open the folder and lay it flat on the table.  For this sample, I used a different color on each side.
then I laid two pieces of whisper white cardstock on one side....slowly and carefully closed the folder and applied even pressure over it with my brayer.  and Viola!


Okay:  so my next step was to take the Crisp Cantaloupe inked paper and cut it to size for the background of my card.  Then I took my Mosaic Punch and punched out the Pool Party negative inked image and made my embellishment.
(notice that I used the ends to embellish my sentiment!?)
I got to use some fun stuff!  I know you're *shocked* that I used my Blendabilities to color the button and the bakers twine.  

Lucky for you, the girls over at SSInkspiration are showing their take on stampin with an embossing folder!  Go check it out!



1 comment:

  1. Love your card Donna. The colors are just so happy looking to me. Made me smile right away. And isn't that what a card is supposed to do? :)

    ReplyDelete