share this (no ads)

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Retro Sketches RS#129

I have this stamp set...that I can't quite show you yet....(only ONE more day!!!

and I found this amazing sketch challenge!

So now I MUST show you what I did!!
 
I FREAKING LOVE this new set :)   It's in the upcoming Holiday catalog...Check back tomorrow for a FULL on slam of holiday stuff!

Okay:  So I used a few of our often forgotten products for this card.

White Chalk Marker...this is a MUST!!  
Silver Stampin' Dazzle Marker
Window Sheets
And some new products!
Blendabilities!! (I know, SHOCKER!)
Dots& Stripes Decorative Mask

So here's what I did:
 I colored the image in with Blendabilities.  I used a sponge to make the "glow" around the candles and the dirty part of the floor.  I know its hard to see, but I also used the color lifting Blendabilities and a white gel pen to give the illusion of lights in the swag on the garland.  I can't decide if that is my favorite part...or not, because I also love the fake snow on the corners of the window...thank you Chalk marker!
or maybe its this:


The wonky sign.  AH  I can't decide!!!!
To make the brick background, I took the stripes decorative mask, and used Cherry Cobbler ink and a sponge to get the darker lines.  Thank God for the mask, the lines were super easy, evenly spaced...and STRAIGHT! :)   Then I used my trusty Chalk Marker and made the "morter lines"
Thank you so much for looking!  

See you tomorrow!!
~Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment