share this (no ads)

Friday, July 4, 2014

Freedom isn't Free. Thank You to every service member and their families...Past, Present, and Future

Happy 4th of July!
Also known as Hug-a-Service-member day!

I always loved celebrating the 4th of July as a kid.  Lots of family, bbqs, and fireworks.  I never really grasped the true meaning until I was an adult.  Yes, we celebrate our nation's freedom...but near and far we tend to forget that that freedom came at a price.  Soldiers lost their lives, families worry while their loved ones are at war/in service, and people mourn the lives of the brave who have gone before us.
Never will my words be enough to say thank you.   But I will continue to say it over and over and over again.
THANK YOU.
to the men and women who serve
to the families who live in limbo while their loved ones are away
to the people who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Today we celebrate Freedom.  It will always be something I am extremely grateful to have.


While you're out celebrating this weekend, don't forget to nod your head for those who have made this day possible.

Join me and my fellow design team at SSInkspiration as we celebrate our service men and women (and their families)!

Wanna make this card and show someone you appreciate their contribution to Freedom?
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Smokey Slate
Cardstock:  Going Gray, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details

No comments:

Post a Comment