share this (no ads)

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

SSInkspirations Monochromatic Day!!


Head on over to SSInkspiration to check out some awesome monochromatic cards!

Monochromatic.  So....what exactly is that?  

Webster defines it as:
1.  Having or consisting of one color or hue    (YAWN)
2.  consisting of radiation of a single wavelength or of a very small range of wavelengths   (um...HUH?)
3.  of, relating to, or exhibiting monochromatism   (um...circular reasoning anyone?)
4.  lacking variety, creativity, or excitement:  colorless   (the complete opposite of what I love!)

I would define it as........AHHHHHHHHHHHH  What do you do with only one color?!?!
I love color!!  I love bright colors mixed with neutral colors...rich colors on top of subtle colors...
any color with every other color!  
AHHH  I love COLOR!!
so to me it clearly was going to be a HUGE stretch to make this work.
and then....
SSInkspirations Monochromatic Day!!

I did it!!  I totally did it!
How fun is that?!
Now I will admit.  It took me longer to decide which color that I wanted to focus on than actually making this card.
I LOVE this Crisp Cantaloupe from the 2013-2015 In Colors.  
I used the Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock, Ink, In-color DSP pack,
 and I used my Crisp Cantaloupe Stampin' Write Marker to color the rhinestone and the Very Vintage Designer Series Buttons. 
Wanna hear the best part.....this is a NEW stamp set and framelit !!  
If you have not had a chance to check out the new Occasions Catalog...oh Girl! (or Boy!) are you missing out!!
Check it out here

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great choice of color to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog post! You are so funny!!! And I love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love how you colored in the button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! This is one of my favorite colors and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete